Saturday, July 18, 2009

This Is It, This Is It

Yesterday my favorite band broke up. As Cities Burn have contributed the most to me musically and spiritually, and now they have decided to call it quits. This is not the first time they have broken up, but it seems it will be the last. They just released a CD not more than 3 months ago (The cover art can be seen as my blog logo, and the title of my blog is derived from a combination the albums name and one of my favorite songs on it)

It puzzled me that they didn't begin touring the day the album was finished... Especially after how well received "Come Now Sleep" was considering that they had completely changed their genre from post-hardcore to more of an indie sound. And "Hell or Highwater" proved that the style change was not only for the best, but the best decision the band has ever made.

So when I found out they had broken up I was so let down. They are one of the few bands that i really loved putting my money into. The reason I am so distraught about this whole thing is that I have never seen them live once in the 4 years that I have been enjoying their music. Now I might never get the chance... This Is It, This Is It...

No comments:

Post a Comment