Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sleeping Sickness

So I eventually fell asleep at 6 am. I had dreams of an up-beat positive future that was coming for me. One where I could find all the joys of this earth, and all of the happiness that could fill a mans soul. Then I woke up, turned over and it was 2 in the afternoon. After this I realized I was stuck in my regular boring life again. I have a good amount of friends to give meaning to it all sometimes. But most of the time I feel like a burden, and I just end up staying at home.

My job search has been to no avail... I have about 20 applications floating around. Not even 1 place has called me back. All the while my friend who I went job searching with has gotten a job, and the only store I REALLY wanted to work at, called her back. I'm happy that she finally got a job, she was unemployed for just as long as me. But it just sucks when you don't have more than 5 months or so of job experience (Thank you sears for that seasonal position btw, I appreciate it) Note the sarcasm. I hope the managers there feel like shit for dumping 20 people from that store right when we started to see the economy turn to shit. Fucking swell.

I am just sick of all this. None of it is fair, not to me, not to my family, or any of the hardworking people who are struggling to stay afloat in this economic climate. It makes me wish I had payed attention in my Macroeconomics course I took in my first semester of college. Maybe then I could make sense of all this shit.

I will try to maintain a positive attitude, but I fear it won't be long until I let the injustice of this world swallow me hole.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, keep your head up. Seriously. While it may all seem overwhelming, it'll get better. I promise.

    Come wash my car for $20 bucks. :)

    We love you, don't be swallowed!!! <3

    ReplyDelete