Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Never Take Friendship Personal

If you can't find yourself, then how can I expect to find you.
If you can't hold yourself together, Why should I hold you now?

Lyrics above courtesy of Anberlin.

Anyways, I find it hard to believe that someone who claimed to be such a huge part of your life can just walk out on you. How heartless can you be? I also find it amusing that I should expect any different from people with my experiences under my belt. I meet someone, I begin to like them, I gain feelings for them, they tell me we should just be friends. And after all of that we don't speak anymore. How does that happen?

I miss the way things used to be, I love my friends, I love my past friends even still... And I spend a lot of time wondering if they even care, or think about me from time to time. Ex-girlfriends, Ex-Best friends, even acquaintances I had in general. My freshman and sophomore years of high school were so great. I remember meeting and growing up with soo many people that aren't even around anymore. What happened?

We (as people) grew apart, we went our separate ways, we did what was best for the other. That's how the movies make it out to be. But that just isn't realistic. What really happened is we changed, we grew tired of one another, and we never looked back. That's the harsh reality. Although sometimes late at night, I look back and wonder... what could have been.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I know EXACTLY hwta you mean. It makes NO sense...at all. ESPECIALLY when that person tells you that NOTHING bad can ever happen...and they walk out on you for no particular reason other than it just happened.

    ReplyDelete